||What We Believe
We are a church made up of people from all walks of life, all economic classes, every gender, and a wide variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds. This rich heritage is our greatest blessing, because it brings the whole rainbow of God’s creation together under the same roof. It also presents our greatest challenge as we always strive to reflect this rich diversity in our ministry, programs and services.
MCC has staked its claim. As one of the world’s emerging churches, we are proclaiming a spirituality that is liberating and sufficiently profound to address the issues of our chaotic and complicated world. We live out our belief that in the margins we are blessed and we are offering multiple ways for people to access our message of liberation and inclusion. Through church planting, church revitalization, alliances, the internet, and our work in acts of compassion and justice, we will expand our reach substantially over the next few years. MCC will become a name known to an increasing number of people as a place where all are welcomedand our service to those who are excluded is a primary calling. We will be leaders in the world about the union of spirituality and sexuality by articulating our message and spreading it effectively.
- In one triune God, all powerful, all present, all knowing, of one substance and of three persons: God - our Parent-Creator; Jesus Christ the only begotten son of God, God in Flesh, human; and the Holy Spirit - God as our Sustainer.
- That the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God, showing forth God to every person through the law and the prophets, and ultimately on Earth in the being of Jesus Christ.
- That Jesus...the Christ... is God incarnate, of human birth, fully God and fully human, and that by being one with God, Jesus has demonstrated that all people are Children of God, being spiritually made in God's image.
- That the Holy Spirit is God making known God's love to all people. The Holy Spirit is God, working through all who are in God's keeping.
- Every person is justified by grace to God through faith in Jesus Christ.
- We are saved from loneliness, despair and degradation through God's gift of grace, as was declared by our Savior. Such grace is not earned, but is a pure gift from a God of pure love, We further commend the community of the faithful to a life of prayer; to seek genuine forgiveness; and to a committed life of Christian service. Amen!